Friday, December 17, 2010

Why Rescue Orphans?

Because of the overwhelming need and because God directs us to do so in scripture:
There is no greater gift, one that goes 3 ways, than to adopt a child, with or without special needs.  You honor God, you are blessed with an angel in your own life, and you change the course of a child's life forever.   If you have any doubts about it, please read below:
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, "Give them up!" and to the south, "Do not hold them back." Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth"  Isaiah 43:5-6
"A father of the fatherless, and a defender of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.  God sets the lonely in families.  (Psalms 68:5-6)
"He defends the cause of the fatherless"  (Deuteronomy 10:18)
"In you the fatherless find mercy." (Hosea 14:4)
"You are the helpers of the fatherless." (Psalm 10:14)
"It is not the will of your Father that one of these little ones should perish." (Matthew 18:14)
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress." (James 1:27)
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Luke 18:16)
  "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:18)
 "Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." (Matthew 18:5)
 "And Jesus took the children in his arms, put his hands on them, and blessed them." (Mark 10:16)
 "Remember those…who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." (Hebrews 13:3)
 "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us…let us not love with word or tongue, but with action and in truth." (I John 3:16-18)
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." (Matthew 25:35)
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…defend the rights of the needy." (Proverbs 31:8,9)
 "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me, declares the Lord." (Jeremiah 22:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment